|New Seattle Massage offers billing for the following insurance:
Insurance coverage is usually limited to massage that is considered medically necessary, i.e., prescribed and considered effective treatment for a specific medical condition, such as a sprain, strain or painful muscle spasm related to injury. Our billing service makes it simple to access your coverage and our experienced practitioners offer quality treatment. Many of our clients have not only regained pain-free movement, but have avoided surgeries with appropriate massage treatment!
TO SCHEDULE: If you have health insurance with any of the above companies and a prescription for medical massage, call us today at 206.632.5074.
PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AVAILABLE:
- A prescription for massage therapy from a chiropractor (DC), naturopath (ND) or physician (MD or DO), Physician’s Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (ARNP). The prescription should include: diagnosis description and ICD-10 code, total number of treatments, frequency (for example: 1 time per week, twice/week, etc) and end date of treatment. Prescriptions can be read to us over the phone for scheduling purposes.
- Your insurance ID card – needed to confirm benefits and select a provider for your insurance.
- A credit card to secure your appointment and any amounts you may be responsible to pay. (Note: We use an outside company with the highest industry standard security protocols to secure your credit card information and process payments. Information is entered directly into their database and is not stored and cannot be accessed on site. Should a charge need to be made, we will always alert you.)
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to tell us, if your injury is motor vehicle accident or work related – additional information will be needed, to know if your health insurance can be billed; AUTO PIP or Worker’s Compensation generally applies first
When you call us with the above information we will schedule your first appointment right away, allowing three (3) business days (Monday – Friday) to confirm your benefits.
1) your insurance ID card and
2) your prescription – we need copies for our files and/or the insurance company. (You or your doctor may also fax the Rx to us ahead of time, at 206.632.9443).
Arrive 10 -15 minutes early, to complete a health history and an agreement that allows us to bill your insurance.
NEXT APPOINTMENTS: Some LMP’s at New Seattle Massage are not insurance providers or may not be a provider for your company. Be sure to mention that we’re billing insurance for you and the name of your insurance company each time you schedule. Of course, once you have an established relationship with an LMP provider for your insurance, we will always schedule you with that person, whenever requested.
BILLING AND PAYMENT AGREEMENT
Insurance companies confirm benefits, but do not guarantee payment in advance. Before receiving medical massage, you’ll need to sign an agreement that allows us to bill your insurance and states that you will be responsible for payments such as deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance (consistent with your plan) or fees for any massage determined not medically necessary or not covered by your insurance company.
OTHER TYPES OF INSURANCE
LABOR AND INDUSTRIES
Workplace injuries are covered through the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries, not your health insurance. If you have been injured on the job, then medically necessary massage will usually be covered with a doctor’s prescription. Click here for a more detailed explanation of how L&I works.
PIP (Personal Injury Protection)
If your injury is related to an accident involving a motor vehicle, call us for information. Several of our experienced LMP’s provide billing services for PIP (Personal Injury Protection) claims. In cases of other health insurance, we may not be able to bill directly, but may be able to assist you in being reimbursed for treatment.
Remember, insurance does not always cover massage, but massage is always good for you.
Whether your massage is for relaxation, stress management, or injury treatment, regular massage supports your health in a multitude of ways. We’re happy to assist you in learning the specifics of your health insurance plan, matching you with an experienced provider for any of the above companies or answering your questions whenever you have a need for medical massage.